Capture Handwritten Signature

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tremdaniel

Capture Handwritten Signature

Post by tremdaniel »

Does anyone have any suggestions for capturing a handwritten signature? I'm thinking that I could use a PictureBox with a click event. We'll be using tablets; so I'd like for it to capture a signature in a set field/control. Thanks guys.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Capture Handwritten Signature

Post by davidc »

Since this is a scripting question I moved it to the PowerShell GUI Forum.

You are probably better off using a true .NET application instead of using PowerShell.

You could look at the following for an idea of how to make a painting app:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/201 ... with-Mouse

The only thing I know of that does what you want out of the box is the WPF InkCanvas control. You can use the ElementHost Control Set to embed it within your GUI. Note: this method also brings up a lot of complications and requires some WPF know how.

InkCanvas:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... anvas.aspx

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
tremdaniel

Re: Capture Handwritten Signature

Post by tremdaniel »

Thanks for moving it. I didn't know where I should have posted; since I'm hoping to integrate this within a Powershell Studio form. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.