WebBrowser localstorage has been disable issue.

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ivan.liao@live.com

WebBrowser localstorage has been disable issue.

Post by ivan.liao@live.com »

Hi all,

I create a GUI tools which has a web browser to browse a URL which is a web app own by IIS. It works fine in my last project. I will call this app as version 1.
But I recently create another GUI tools to browse the same URL. This is the version 2.
Now in version 2, It said my browser has disable the localstorage. I cannot access this URL in this version 2.

I double checked 2 GUI tools built by PowerShell Studio 2019. All properties are set to the same. And this URL can browse in version 1 and IE. But don't know why it cannot in the new version.

I also checked the IE security setting for the "Enable DOM Storage", it won't help. I even doubt that is not the IE cause this issue. If IE settings cause this issue, it should not work in version 1 either.

How can I solve this issue?
Any suggest will be appreciated!
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: WebBrowser localstorage has been disable issue.

Post by jvierra »

The settings in question are set by the system and IE and not by the script or PowerShell. That can also be set by AV software or by Group Policy. The issue is not a scripting issue.

The other possible issue is that you have some problem with how you have coded the browser control.

From the information given there is no clear way to determine what is going wrong.
ivan.liao@live.com

Post by ivan.liao@live.com »

Thanks for your reply! The issue is resolved.
I found that is caused by Test-Connection. I try to use Test-Connection to test server connection before I submit an Invoke-Command job. Don't know why this CMDLET will cause this issue. Once I remove the Test-Connection. Issue has gone.
Now I changed to use ping to replace the Test-Connection. It works fine.
ChristopherKibble

Post by ChristopherKibble »

I wanted to add to this thread that I have the same problem with the WebBrowser control. If I do a Test-Connection before using it, the navigation fails. If I comment out the Test-Connection, it is successful. Strange.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

One thing to note, when using the WebBrowser control. The control forces the process to run more isolated for security purposes. I suspect it is possibly the AV software or some enforced IE security.

You can also easily use Net Ping class.

Pinging the target is quite unnecessary because Invoke-Command and the WebBrowser both do teh same test. Just trap the exception and you have accomplished the same result with no unnecessary uncooperative code needed.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.