Filter Opendialog Textbox - Browse for File Output

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
bergengren
Meble kuchenne na zamówienie - na wymiar - Wrocław

Filter Opendialog Textbox - Browse for File Output

Post by bergengren »

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2020
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Win 10 1909
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I have created a Textbox - Browse for File function on my form. The output from the Files selected will be displayed. I will then use 'openfiledialog.filenames' to be used in CMDlet that references the file names that were selected. This works perfectly. However the end result needs to be changed. The only way I can do this is by making sure that a file that will always contain 195 in the filename be selected first. The openfiledialog and the textbox will always sort alphabetically. I would like to be specfic about what file it uses first or in order of my desire. I tried adding a -contains switch after openfiledialog.filenames but it did not work or the most likely scenario that this isnt what I need or I am simply using the switch wrong.

If someone could help me sort this. I will be forever thankful. I have spent much time on this project and this last detail feels like a brick wall for me right now. Thanks again.

Alexander Riedel

Re: Filter Opendialog Textbox - Browse for File Output

Post by Alexander Riedel »

[Topic moved by moderator]
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

bergengren

Post by bergengren »

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. However I can't seem to find it anymore. Was it Removed and not Moved? Any information would be helpful.

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Um, I am not sure what you mean, you just posted on the thread. It is in the PowerShell GUI if you want to find it manually.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

bergengren

Post by bergengren »

Sorry again. I thought that was the forum I selected. So when I saw that it was moved I was confused. My mistake no harm done. Thanks for all your help.

jvierra

Post by jvierra »

I have read your request multiple time and I cannot understand what you are trying to ask. You mention having a number is some filename but this doesn't seem to be associated with anything else in your request.

Can you carefully rethink your question and try to ask on simple question about what you need. Take this one piece at a time.

Without some kind of code example it will likley7 not be possible to understand what you are asking.

What is the fist thing that is not working as expected?