GUI Alart with content from command output

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
klarlichter

GUI Alart with content from command output

Post by klarlichter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:37 am

hello,
if i a dd a button to gui and run a little code by press on button. For example:
"change.exe user /install"

How i can display a alart message with the text from command line output. I mean how I can display that message from command line about success or error...

jvierra

Re: GUI Alart with content from command output

Post by jvierra » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:44 am

For information on how to use GUIs see: https://info.sapien.com/index.php/guis/ ... nistrators

klarlichter

Post by klarlichter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 am

Hello, i see your link. But on description: "The button control causes an application to perform an action when selected. Dialogs usually feature at least an “Ok” and a “Cancel” button. In forms a button control is usually used to invoke a secondary dialog, e.g. to select a file or folder. In forms with multiple input options a “Submit” button is often used to execute an operation after all required data has been entered."

There is nothing advise how to get a resonse if that action after press compleate....

jvierra

Post by jvierra » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:02 am

The only thing I can tell you is that you will nee to learn basic PowerShell to understand how to use it and learn it before you try to use forms.

There are plenty of training material available on Amazon and many videos available that will teach you these things.

The link posted also has more links on the left menu that explain how to do things like display output and gather input.

klarlichter

Post by klarlichter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:08 am

Hello, thanks for advise. I will lern it sure. Did your company also provide teach hours? To lern more good?

jvierra

Post by jvierra » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:43 am

See this: https://www.sapien.com/books_training

Download the older PS 4 book for free. It is linked on that page.