New customer, new wizard form, validate multiple text boxes?

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jgq1985

Re: New customer, new wizard form, validate multiple text boxes?

Post by jgq1985 »

Yeah I see that now, I have to right-click and add the event then save it.
I am used to AdminScriptEditor where I am editing the winform and the PS1 in 2 windows tied to the same application.
So i can see the code being added as I modify the GUI. That doesn't appear to be the case here.
So it's a little confusing only being able to see some partial code when troubleshooting.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

You will learn that what is hidden is unnecessary for debugging. The code you add is all that counts. Once you learn how to use this kind of IDE you will find it much easier to use than a basic editor especially for Forms scripts. Sapien generates a highly structured base script that the IDE edits for you when necessary. Concentrate on learning and understanding the event based nature of forms. The rest of the code is not needed once the form is displayed. Everything in a form happens in an event.

Take the time to read the manual. It will help you to be proficient with the IDE and will help you avoid doing things incorrectly.
jgq1985

Post by jgq1985 »

Thanks I will. I was going through it but many of the chapters are just task specific on doing specific things so I was trying to figure this out first but I will try and get back through it all and start piecing everything together.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.