Call-form

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
TheCiscoKid

Call-form

Post by TheCiscoKid »

Just a newbie question but it has me hung up. I'm attempting to pass a variable from my main form to my child form in a project, but all the help I'm finding references a "call-example_pff" command, yet this doesn't seem to exist in powershell studio 2018. I found the "Show-example_psf" but it doesnt allow me to pass variables, any help would be greatly appreciated, as this has me stumped.

Thanks!
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Call-form

Post by jvierra »

TheCiscoKid

Post by TheCiscoKid »

Unfortunately the "Call-example_psf" command is grayed out when i attempt to call my child form, nothing seems to register and it throws an error. The only command that works is the "show-example_psf", but all that does is bring the child form up, it won't allow any variables to be passed using this.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

You need to carefully read the while article and do the examples. In the current version of PSS use "Show-example_psf" instead of "Call". This was changed a couple of years ago and the post was not updated.
TheCiscoKid

Post by TheCiscoKid »

I got it figured out thanks, when you said "Show" had replaced "Call" that triggered the realization. I was thinking show was a completely different command. They really need to update their documentation. Thanks for the help.
This topic is 6 years and 4 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.