remember past entries

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mqh77777
Has voted: 1 time

remember past entries

Post by mqh77777 »

PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.149
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: windows 10 & Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: Both

we have a forum that has a textbox field. In this textbox field we enter the computer name. Then we can press a variety of different buttons to get different types of information about the computer. Is there a way in PowerShell Studio to have a drop down text box that remembers the last 5 computer names you've entered?
cody m

Re: remember past entries

Post by cody m »

[TOPIC MOVED BY MODERATOR]
StillLearning

Post by StillLearning »

I'm thinking a combobox is the only way to do this.

I could be wrong
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

You could potentially use the TextBox's AutoCompleteCustomSource for history, but a combobox is a better alternative.

https://info.sapien.com/index.php/guis/ ... ox-control

A while ago, I created a sample a saves the combobox's history. I will use it to create a Control Set that you can drag and drop from PowerShell Studio's designer.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.