License packaged software + encoding

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
n1mdas

License packaged software + encoding

Post by n1mdas »

Hello,

I have created over the years some scripts - vbs, ps1 and .exe files. Currently I purchased the Sapien PowerShell Studio 2017 and plan on building a general GUI application where all of those apps can be implemented in.
I wondered to package them using PrimalScript 2017 at some later time (after I have the GUI ready and purchased this too), sign the installer / portable application and want to be able to implement the below:

Software copy protection against cracking & reverse engineering with anti-cracking & anti-debugging techniques;
Software license key system with time trial options;

I currently found these options:

https://www.pelock.com/products/pelock
https://intelliprotector.com

What would be your suggestions ?
Any feedback on the found options or other suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: License packaged software + encoding

Post by jvierra »

PS Studio can package a GUI scripts project quite easily. As to whether the script can be copy protected; contact the vendor of the protection software.

It is not possible to prevent reverse engineering of software. If it can be executed it can be de-compiled very easily.
n1mdas

Post by n1mdas »

it is true that it can be decompiled but generally making it harder?

Can you refer to an option how to encode + make licenses for PowerShell Studio 2017 GUIs that are .net based?

I generally want to protect the small application that bundles several other useful scripts.

Thanks,
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

You can only do this with third party applications or with compiled code. It is not available in Net for scripts.

PowerShell Studio generates encoded script in its packaged EXE files. This cannot be viewed in notepad but can still be extracted from memory.

Find a company that may have a way to license these Sapien generated packages. I have never seen one but there still may be one.
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.