A Powershell Soundboard (With a PacMan Flash Game)

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dank42

A Powershell Soundboard (With a PacMan Flash Game)

Post by dank42 »

Hi,

I wanted to share this with you all just for a bit of fun, this is primarily aimed at those pranksters in the office and those with a good sense of humor ;)

This is built around the AudioDeviceCmdlets module and simply uses "Invoke-Command" to execute wav files on a remote machine.

A full description is in the psf.

I have attached all the required files for this to work feel free to amend, instructions are in the Comment Block in the psf, it will just be a case of renaming the path to each wav file if you were to use your own wavs and then renaming the buttons/changing the pictures to correspond with the sound, but that bit doesn't really matter as long as you know what sound will be played I guess.

One thing...if you add any new buttons remember to add them into the Hide/Show-Button functions, again doesn't really matter but...

There are probably some really bad scripting techniques in this and I haven't countered for any errors if the the Audio Device is disabled etc, but it does what it needs to do :) it can always be improved on. It was just a quick idea that got a bit out of hand that turned out to be a big hit in the office :lol:

I would suggest you keep this within your IT Department and close co-workers. Also, I wouldn't turn the volume up to 100 if someone is sat there with headphones plugged in... this won't go down well.

AudioDeviceCmdlet can be found here:

https://github.com/cdhunt/WindowsAudioD ... ell-Cmdlet
https://www.powershellgallery.com/packa ... lets/1.1.3
Attachments
pacman.PNG
pacman.PNG (29.74 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
Soundboard.PNG
Soundboard.PNG (104.32 KiB) Viewed 2477 times
Files.zip
(9.87 MiB) Downloaded 192 times
d3rnmert

Re: A Powershell Soundboard (With a PacMan Flash Game)

Post by d3rnmert »

Downloaded, works perfectly. Excellent for winding up Team Leaders :lol:
dank42

Re: A Powershell Soundboard (With a PacMan Flash Game)

Post by dank42 »

Haha, good to hear :mrgreen:

I't's been improved slightly since the original upload. I will re-upload at some point.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.