Jobtracker update script is adding numbers to output

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
robert.ganshorn

Jobtracker update script is adding numbers to output

Post by robert.ganshorn »

PS Studio 2017 5.4.145.0
Win7 64 Bit

I have used the job tracker framework before without issue, but now I am having trouble with my latest script. I am returning data to the update scriptblock and incrementing numbers keep adding to the output.

Instead of "hello", I get "hello 0" and then next time "hello 1" and the number keeps incrementing there is another write-output. The number is definitely not part of what I am outputting.

Rob
robert.ganshorn

Re: Jobtracker update script is adding numbers to output

Post by robert.ganshorn »

Nevermind, I found the problem. A .add function to an arraylist of md5 checksums was also outputting the array count. I added an '| out-null' and that fixed the problem.

Rob
This topic is 6 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.