Text scrolling horizontally

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DarkLite1

Text scrolling horizontally

Post by DarkLite1 »

I was wondering if it was possible to have something like a statusbar where users can add text and the text entered just scrolls in an endless loop over the statusbar. A bit like an RSS feed but then with manual input from the user. So all input gets accumulated and added to the feed. I don't know if there exists such a control?
AdamUK

Re: Text scrolling horizontally

Post by AdamUK »

Be it right or be it wrong I would make a textbox where user can enter a string put a submit button append the text to a txt file on the network then follow https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/hey ... a-marquee/
But assign status bar text to text file...
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

You are referring to what is called a "rotator" control. These are available from third parties and can be easily used in a form with PowerShell.

YOU can also use a timer to update the text in a normal textbox or use the "Paint" event to further customize the control to cause the text to scroll more smoothly.
DarkLite1

Post by DarkLite1 »

Thanks guys, really appreciate the input. What AdamUK suggests will take a lot of coding but it seems to be possible. Jvierra, can you maybe suggest a third party rotator control that we can use with PowerShell Sapien Studio? I've never actually used a third party tool. so it would be interesting to see how it all works together.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

You will have to search for one. There are many.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#neww ... r&*&spf=64
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Set s timer and update the text incrementally by character.
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.