Images on a UHD display are displaced

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
CitrixITM

Images on a UHD display are displaced

Post by CitrixITM »

Hello,

Attached you will see two screen captures of a piece of my GUI. This is made up of 3 images (main company name, a hidden square in both dots).
When the app is launched on a UHD laptop, the dots are displaced (no longer hidden). On all other laptops (not UHD) the image is fine and the extra two squares are hidden.

Any ideas why on a UHD monitor the two squares are displaced? I don't see any way to "group" the three items to ensure they stay where they should.

Thanks.
Attachments
Good.jpg
Good.jpg (14.5 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
Bad.jpg
Bad.jpg (16.55 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Images on a UHD display are displaced

Post by jvierra »

Do you have the latest version of PSS installed? I believe that only the latest versions support UHD monitors.
CitrixITM

Post by CitrixITM »

Yes, I am using the latest version. I distribute a MSI that includes this GUI. It messes up on UHD monitors.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

I cannot duplicate your issue. I recommend trying to anchor all objects to the same place -- (Top,Left)
CitrixITM

Post by CitrixITM »

Attached is a screenshot. I do have the main image and two dot images "top left" anchored. Anything else you would suggest checking?
Attachments
Dots.jpg
Dots.jpg (277.88 KiB) Viewed 2609 times
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

All controls in the image must be anchored top,left. All must be parented by the form. The renderer will translate relative references oddly with some graphics drivers.

Since we can't test with you graphics this will be something you will need to work out.
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.