Greetings from Cajun land

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
nsaska

Greetings from Cajun land

Post by nsaska »

Newbie to batch scripting and power shell so I was asked to join your community to further develop my self :D I'm self thought and paying for it all my self. Live and work in Frierson, Louisiana and working for a mid size Oil & Gas companies IT dept. Looking to better and further develop my self since the normal IT HelpDesk title will soon disappear.

Task at hand, I'm looking to create a script to do a silent install an exe file but USSF is not able to help since it's C++ wrapped. Error: The header returned by PEiD was 'Nothing found [Overlay]'

Some general guidance would be greatly be appreciated. I've created some other scripts which worked like a charm but those were MSI packages so this is my first go around with exe type.

Cheers
NS
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Greetings from Cajun land

Post by jvierra »

Hi - welcome to ScriptingAnswers.

Unfortunately C++ is not PowerShell or any other scripting language.

If you are writing installer code you will need to post questions in a developer forum for the development tools you are using.

MSI is not a script. It is an installer file/database. We do not support MSI here either.
nsaska

Post by nsaska »

may have worded things wrong I think. I'm looking for help with a batch script. Right or wrong section?
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

Can you post the batch script with a specific question. What is wrong? What errors are you getting? Please describe your issue.
nsaska

Post by nsaska »

:: Set script parent directory:
SET _ScriptDir=%~dp0
SET _ScriptDir=%_ScriptDir:~0,-1%

:: Display status message:
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Warrior now...

:: Run commands:
START "Install" /WAIT "%_ScriptDir%\SRC\x86\setup_ch_V7_2013_10_02001" /QUIET /RESTART

:: Display return code and set exit code:
ECHO. & ECHO Return Code: %ERRORLEVEL% & SET "_EXITCODE=%ERRORLEVEL%"

:: Display completion notice:
ECHO.
ECHO Done!

:: Delay for processing:
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 3 > NUL

:: Pause to view results:
:: ECHO.
:: PAUSE
EXIT %_EXITCODE%

installation starts, then closes with error code -1073740791
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

This is not a scripting issue. It is an issue with the installer. Consult the b==vendor as the code is vendor specific and is reported with Oracle and JRE.
nsaska

Post by nsaska »

may I ask how you knew that?
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

A batch file cannot generate that error. If you look up the error you will see that Oracle products regularly gen that error because of missing prerequisites.
nsaska

Post by nsaska »

how would I enable Install logging in my script? would that help me? I've emailed the Vendor and he stated:

That error code (Access Violation 0xC0000005) is coming back from InstallShield so I asked them about it. I will let you know if I hear anything.
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

nsaska wrote:how would I enable Install logging in my script? would that help me? I've emailed the Vendor and he stated:

That error code (Access Violation 0xC0000005) is coming back from InstallShield so I asked them about it. I will let you know if I hear anything.
Again you are asking a question about a custom installer and not about a script. You need to ask the vendor these questions as they are the ones who created the installer package.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.