GUI game help needed

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Agreevedlama

GUI game help needed

Post by Agreevedlama »

Here is my question, its a technical problem so am trying to simplify it as much as possible. So what I am trying to do might sound a bit weird.

Here is image that is needed for following explanation. http://tinyurl.com/p5g88mu

I want to use GUI to create a 2D game with grid of points. Now in that grid, I have some existing data point.( light green) and rest are missing ( not shown but one of the example missing point is shown in orange). Now I want to fill up all the missing data points by using a few light green points. Default case is the 4 light green points shown by arrows at the intersection of the arrows and the red and blue lines. Lets say I select a missing data point it should turn orange or red and all the light green data points corresponding to that should become dark green. Now I should be able to toggle between light and dark green data points and customize a set for each missing data point. I want to do this for all missing data points one by one.

Lets say that this is the game I want to build in python GUI. I wanted to ask if anyone can help me get started. I use python a lot but never did any GUI. I looked up web GUI examples they all seem quite simplistic and no where as complex. Python is what I am comfortable with but if this can be done using some other language I am willing to try.

Any help you can give is highly appreciated.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: GUI game help needed

Post by jvierra »

It sounds like you want to manipulate the DC directly. This si general not possible with scripting languages.
Agreevedlama

Post by Agreevedlama »

Any suggestions on how I can do this?
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

C#, VB.Net, C++,Pascal.

Start here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/games-d ... -msdn.aspx
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.