run vbs throught hta

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
wutttokkk

run vbs throught hta

Post by wutttokkk »

Is it possible to make a hta on my site so when they click the buttonit runs a .vbs they installed? The hta will run the vbs finebut when uploaded to my site it does nothing.
wutttokkk

run vbs throught hta

Post by wutttokkk »

Is it possible to make a hta on my site so when they click the buttonit runs a .vbs they installed? The hta will run the vbs finebut when uploaded to my site it does nothing.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

run vbs throught hta

Post by jvierra »

It is absolutely not possibel to run an HTA from a website. The whole point of an HTA is to run without a web server. All components must be located on the local machine or on a mapped and trusted drive.

Your users cannot even download an HTA and access scripts on a web site. They must download all components and install them using an installer or extract them from a zip file to a local folder.

PrimalScript will allow you to create an EXE that houses all scripts and other components. This can be downloaded and run. It will extract all scripts locally. The user must first clear the inet downloaded flag or you must distribute a properly signed module.

jvierra2012-06-29 18:34:17
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.