query to get names from user ID

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
SMAndy

Post by SMAndy »

Hi All.I have a big list of user ID's, and for us, a user name is just a number given to them, so i can't get any meaningful information about them from just that. Is there any command i can use to query the user ID to give me a name? I think something like dsquery can do it, but i'm not sure.For reference, i'll have a text file with the list of user ID's in it, ready to go.Thanks for any help.
SMAndy

Post by SMAndy »

Hi All.I have a big list of user ID's, and for us, a user name is just a number given to them, so i can't get any meaningful information about them from just that. Is there any command i can use to query the user ID to give me a name? I think something like dsquery can do it, but i'm not sure.For reference, i'll have a text file with the list of user ID's in it, ready to go.Thanks for any help.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

type: dsget <userid>

dsget /?

Follow the instructions.
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.