Sample Script

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
theforce

Sample Script

Post by theforce »

Hi I'm a complete newbie to scripting and looking for a sample script if anyone has or knows where i can look to get me started. What I am trying to do is copy a defualt profile (which is disabled and never gets used to login) into a corupted profile. I am running windows 2003 server with windows xp clients. All users have a roaming profile. Any help is much appreciated.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Sample Script

Post by jvierra »

We don't do that with script. Go to My Computer/Properties and select advanced. Selct User Profiles. Select the profile that you want ot use as a copy and select copy. Follow instructions.

Check the profile utilities.
CPROFILE
DELPROF

To copy and profile just copy all of the contents of the folder to the target folder.

Backup you profiles periodically and keep a few months of copies. It is also useful to eport teh settings with UDMT which can be scripted. It has script examples in the toolkit.
theforce

Sample Script

Post by theforce »

sorry wrong choice of words. Users in Active directory with roaming profiles. I'm fully aware of what 6 steps that you have specified.. but you will not I'm acheiving in 2 steps what you describe in 6. Im not really looking for another way to do this.. I just want to automate further what I already know works manually. Sorry, i dont meant sound unapreciative..
This topic is 12 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.