Logging into a URL with a batch file

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
nevarnitsuj

Post by nevarnitsuj »

Hi guys at work i have to open about 20 programs i have my bat files opening all them now but i have to login with a username and password to most of them. Im sure there is a way to log into these with my bat files can somone give me an example of that scripting here is what part of my scripting is now:

@echo off echo IEXStart "c:program filesinternet exploreriexplore.exe" "http://iex07/agentops/loginSetup.do"pause
thanks
nevarnitsuj

Post by nevarnitsuj »

Hi guys at work i have to open about 20 programs i have my bat files opening all them now but i have to login with a username and password to most of them. Im sure there is a way to log into these with my bat files can somone give me an example of that scripting here is what part of my scripting is now:

@echo off echo IEXStart "c:program filesinternet exploreriexplore.exe" "http://iex07/agentops/loginSetup.do"pause
thanks
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Unfortunately there isn't.

The item teh user gavce you is just a batch file with an initial page set on the launch command line. You can do this easier by just saving the page as a shrtcut to your desktop. It will do teh same thing.

Most web sites handle logins with ?Challenge/Response or with an authorization page. You can only get into these via interactive means.

If you are on a corporate web then the server may be blocked via a proxy server which controls who has access and where they can go. Only your admins will be able to tell you if there are shrtcuts for this.

If the web site were basic forms based authentication it might tbe possible to do this with a custo mscript although it would have to be a different one for every web site as almost no two site work alike

If you are tired of typing your credentials talk teh the site admins about settng up cookies to remmeber the site and saving the password in teh MS Windows credentials store.
jvierra2008-08-30 14:03:39
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Sorry - I have teh same issue with sites that are not set up to let me save my credentials and with clients who don't know how to manage their proxy servers with Active Directory. It's a real pain sometimes.
This topic is 15 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.