Compressed HTA ?

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bobboau

Compressed HTA ?

Post by bobboau »

is there a way to pack an HTA and all of it's required files into a zip and have it run from there? I know media player skins can do this so I was wondering if there was a similar capability with HTAs. if not compressed is there any way to pack an HTA and it's files into a single (executable) file?
jhicks

Compressed HTA ?

Post by jhicks »

You can use Primalscript to package scripts including HTAs.
woowil

Compressed HTA ?

Post by woowil »

Bob:

I don't know about PrimalScript since I stop using it for a couple of years ago. But I do know that Microsoft have for some reason chosen not to expose the res:// protocol in DLL file combined with HTA file structure for the public. Maybe I haven't seen it. However, that technique has been around since "Add and remove programs" with IE 5.0 and WSH 1.0. I actually tried to pack a DLL with HTA once using JScript.NET compiler tools. But it isn't exactly strait forward.

Check out this article.. you may wonder how much HTA is hidden in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555917

I've said this before and I'll say it again anything you can do in IE is available in HTA.

For example,.. after loading this:
<script src="res://C:myappmylibsmyjscripts.dll" />
You should be able to call library function.
res://shdoclc.dll/about.dlg

Anyway... Using Resource Compiler (from .NET SDK) is the trick to add HTA in DLL.

This topic is 15 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.