Using jQuery from HTA?

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
amix

Using jQuery from HTA?

Post by amix »

Code: Select all

<html>
<head>
[...]
    <script language="JScript" src="file:///X:/public/htdocs/js/jquery/jquery.js"></script>

<script language="JScript">
    $(document).ready(function(){

fso = new ActiveXObject('Scripting.FileSystemObject');
[...]
        function setFilename() {
            oFile.author = document.Formular.iAuthor.value;
            oFile.title = document.Formular.iTitle.value;
            oFile.name = fso.BuildPath(oFile.path, oFile.author + "-" + oFile.title + oFile.ext);
            document.Formular.iFile.value = oFile.name;
            return;
        };
[...]
        });
    </script>
This is a part from an HTA file. I never could get a HTA function with jQuery and I have a feeling, that this may hold true for any other Ajax toolkit as well. I remember to have read somewhere, that HTA does not have a window object? Then that could be the reason, however, in more recent MS documents, there is no such limitation mentioned, contrary, they say, that only a certain window.property is missing.The error I get is: 'Object expected' (well, translated from the german locale at least) for the line in the form, that calls the function.

amix2007-11-19 13:10:28
This topic is 16 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.