Add Certificate to HTA Application

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
craig.york@gmail.com

Post by craig.york@gmail.com »

I'm running a HTA application in our IT department, but everyone is getting bored of seeing the message "The publisher could not be verified....". I therefore decided to try and sign the script, but the Microsoft SignTool.exe tool doesn't recognize the file type.Is it possible to sign a HTA application? If so, what tool should I use?Many thanksCraig
craig.york@gmail.com

Post by craig.york@gmail.com »

I'm running a HTA application in our IT department, but everyone is getting bored of seeing the message "The publisher could not be verified....". I therefore decided to try and sign the script, but the Microsoft SignTool.exe tool doesn't recognize the file type.Is it possible to sign a HTA application? If so, what tool should I use?Many thanksCraig
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

I'm not aware of a way to sign an HTA. I have seen security related warnings when running an HTA from a network share. Are you running the HTA from a network share or a web server? Do you get the same message if you run a local copy of the HTA?
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

MSHTA.EXE is the engine that runs the HTA and it uses Internet Explorer settings. I was going to poke around Group Policy to see what settings you might have used that would raise the error. But as a rule, at least in my experience, running an HTA locally is the easiest way to go.
This topic is 16 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.