Help with drop box list from IE

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
daillest319

Post by daillest319 »

I hoping someone can help me with selecting from a drop box list from IE webpage.I'm able to change the value but it not submitting it or updating the page with the year i selected.

the source code on the web page is the following

{code}
<select id="YEAR" name=year size="1" onChange="doChange()"> <option value="2001" >2001 <option value="2002" >2002 <option value="2003" >2003

function doChange() { var wsub1,wsub2,wDate; wsub1 = document.JOBLISTFORM.month.selectedIndex; wsub2 = document.JOBLISTFORM.year.selectedIndex; wDate = document.JOBLISTFORM.year[wsub2].value + document.JOBLISTFORM.month[wsub1].value + "01"; CL(wDate); }
{/code}

-----------------------------------------------------

This is the code im using to change the value and submit but it does not submit.....

oIE.Document.Forms(0).Item("YEAR").Value = 2003
oIE.Document.Forms(0).Submit
daillest319

Post by daillest319 »

I hoping someone can help me with selecting from a drop box list from IE webpage.I'm able to change the value but it not submitting it or updating the page with the year i selected.

the source code on the web page is the following

{code}
<select id="YEAR" name=year size="1" onChange="doChange()"> <option value="2001" >2001 <option value="2002" >2002 <option value="2003" >2003

function doChange() { var wsub1,wsub2,wDate; wsub1 = document.JOBLISTFORM.month.selectedIndex; wsub2 = document.JOBLISTFORM.year.selectedIndex; wDate = document.JOBLISTFORM.year[wsub2].value + document.JOBLISTFORM.month[wsub1].value + "01"; CL(wDate); }
{/code}

-----------------------------------------------------

This is the code im using to change the value and submit but it does not submit.....

oIE.Document.Forms(0).Item("YEAR").Value = 2003
oIE.Document.Forms(0).Submit
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Sorry but this is a scripting forum and not a web development forum.

Your code is also not vbscript it is jscript. Form submission is an HTML/ASP server side issue. FOrms are submitted to a server.
The code and HTML posted are not workable. The listbox is broken and the code cannot be embedded into teh page like that.

Try posting here:http://forums.iis.net/1044.aspx
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

U think you need to learn a little about web development. You also need to go to a web forum with your questions. This forum is for administrative scripting and not for web development.
richelmark

Post by richelmark »

There are many sites and forums there you can learn web development like w3schools.com ..
Mobile App Developmentrichelmark2012-08-23 00:56:56
This topic is 11 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.