HKCU, UAC and EPAL issue

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jrwms2

HKCU, UAC and EPAL issue

Post by jrwms2 »

I am trying to run a script that will update the HKCU to shut off the Java auto updater. Is there a way to do a regedit to update the current users settings in the registry without getting a popup. Key I am trying to update[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREWow6432NodeJavaSoftJava UpdatePolicy] From most of my research I do not see this as being possible without disabling UAC. Thanks for any info on this.
jrwms2

HKCU, UAC and EPAL issue

Post by jrwms2 »

This was put here because I am trying to script it and I hit this issue. So with your post, there is no way around the uac via a script to keep the user from getting prompted if I need to update the file in the HKLM. Other than disabling. If so the users will just be told to click the allow button then, was just hoping to keep them from doing anything since they most likely won't read of follow the instructions anyways.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.