Static to DHCP script

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
wabethi

Static to DHCP script

Post by wabethi »

I am looking for a solution to migrate all workstations (about 400) currently on static IP address to DHCP. I want to do this on start up without giving users admin right on these workstations.
I am thinking i can append such script to my login script and do it all on logon.

I will appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
JNM
wabethi

Static to DHCP script

Post by wabethi »

I am looking for a solution to migrate all workstations (about 400) currently on static IP address to DHCP. I want to do this on start up without giving users admin right on these workstations.
I am thinking i can append such script to my login script and do it all on logon.

I will appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
JNM
rasimmer

Static to DHCP script

Post by rasimmer »

Look at the enable DHCP link: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/script ... x?mfr=true

And as far as permission, if you run the script as a Computer Startup script in Active Directory Group Policy, it will run as SYSTEM.rasimmer2009-03-26 12:45:30
This topic is 15 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.