Default printing

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 15 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cwevenson

Default printing

Post by cwevenson »

is it possible to build a VBscript that would force all default printing to grey scale?

I work with many printers on site and people just keep not defaulting to greyscale printing either through lack of knowledge or just neglect.

i would like to attach this script to the login.ini configuration file assigned to the site to force the issue and cut costs.

rasimmer

Default printing

Post by rasimmer »

Are the users connecting to a print server? If so, you should be able to just make a change to the printer to accomplish rather than attack it from a desktop standpoint.
casaestrada

Default printing

Post by casaestrada »

Ok so I changed my script and have approached it another method.....however, I am unable to get my script to recognize 2 separate print servers in an array ...can someone please review. I am thinking something minor like the array may be wrong-
casaestrada

Default printing

Post by casaestrada »

So is this correct then? DO I have the array correctly added?
const sCriteria = Array ("printserver_01","printserver_02")Const sOldPrintServer = Array ("printserver_01","printserver_02")"Const sOldPrintServerName = Array ("printserver_01","printserver_02")Const sNewPrintServer = "printserver_03"
casaestrada

Default printing

Post by casaestrada »

Sorry I am confused based on your reply. I am trying to remove old printer servers (printserver_01 & printserver_02) and replace them with my new print server (printserver_03) - when i run my script I get an error on the first array "expected literal constant"
This topic is 15 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.