Input on/review of XML driven logon script

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
egil

Input on/review of XML driven logon script

Post by egil »

HiI have been developing on a logon script for quite some time now and are using it with a few customers already. It hit me though, that it would be in my best interest to put it online and let other use it, and thus, give me feedback.I have written quite a lot of documentation for it already, so I wont go in to details here, but just referrer to my blog where it is posted. I would love for some of you to check it out and tell me what you think.Anyways, here are the highlights, more info, including download link, can be found on http://www.egil.dk/xml-driven-logon-script/:Separation of code and rules. The script file
(Logon.vbs) contains all the functions and objects that performs the
actions defined in an xml file (logonrules.xml). Unless a new feature
is needed, a change to the behaviour of the logon script is done
completely in the xml file.Control behaviour of the logon script by defining filters and actions in xml file(s).
Build action sets that are selected based on one or more filter, filter
by Active Directory security groups, usernames, computer names and
more. Actions include ability to map network drives, add network
printers, copy files and more. See the documentation for more details
on available filters and actions.Logging direct to the executing computers Event Log.
All information gathered by the script and all executed actions are
logged to an entry in the Event Log on the computer running the script,
making it easy to debug and find errors.Friendly Internet Explorer window used to display messages to users.
Among other things, the logon script will display a friendly message
about each action performed during execution and tell the user how long
until his or hers password expire.Best regards, Egil.
This topic is 16 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.