Running scripts from unmanaged computers

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jimbo20814

Running scripts from unmanaged computers

Post by jimbo20814 »

Hello, please allow me to give a brief description of what's going on. We are trying to map drives for users who are VPN'd (via SSL VPN) in. The scripts (different VBscripts for different offices) are on a server share.

What we have discovered is that if the VPN client computer is a managed computer, thus in Active Directory, the scripts run fine and the drives are mapped. However, if the VPN client computer is unmanaged, this is where the problem occurs.

Firstly, using the "Wscript.Network" object, we check for the .UserDomain property. If it's not the domain name then we prompt the user for credentials via InputBox dialogs. We use those credentials to pass to the .MapNetworkDrive method since it takes username/password arguments. This works fine.

The problems come when using the "ADSystemInfo" object. The .UserName property value is used for LDAP queries. From an unmanaged computer there is no .UserName property since credentials are local I suppose. And I can't seem to pass credentials to this object. Thus I can
This topic is 16 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.