PowerShell remote?

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dazevo

PowerShell remote?

Post by dazevo »

Hello,

Is it possible to use PowerShell to execute a script on another server then the system I execute the script on in the network? That I just type the IP and the script gets executed there? If so, do I have to change my script? How? I'm new in PowerShell so I don't have the skills to type the lines myself if I have to adapt my script.

Thanks in Advance!
dazevo

PowerShell remote?

Post by dazevo »

Hello,

Is it possible to use PowerShell to execute a script on another server then the system I execute the script on in the network? That I just type the IP and the script gets executed there? If so, do I have to change my script? How? I'm new in PowerShell so I don't have the skills to type the lines myself if I have to adapt my script.

Thanks in Advance!
jhicks

PowerShell remote?

Post by jhicks »

That's a feature in PowerShell v2 that only works right now on Vista and Server 2008. It might be possible to use PSEXEC but PowerShell would need to be installed and configured on the remote machine.
dazevo

PowerShell remote?

Post by dazevo »

That's OK. I'll use PSEXEC. Thank you.
This topic is 14 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.