DevOps automation

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
WayneDante

DevOps automation

Post by WayneDante »

Can you give me examples of things you always automate and others that you don’t in DevOps? Can you tell me about a process that was a real challenge for you to automate? I want to jump in DevOps, interested in it.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: DevOps automation

Post by Alexander Riedel »

[Topic moved by moderator]
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: DevOps automation

Post by jvierra »

Your question is good but possibly too broad.

I find that almost anything can be automated as long as it has a published API or an automation interface. COM, Net and most Win32 APIs can be accessed to create automation solutions.

Remember that the term "automation" is general to all of computing. We use compu6ters to automate almost everything. PowerShell adds a tool that allows access to automation using general programming principals and techniques. PowerShell supports all of this through a C-like language syntax and an "engine" that manages the code and allows access to the system through the CLR (Common Language Runtime) environment. Nearly anything you can do in C# can be done with PowerShell.

More specific examples on your part would make answering your question much easier.
This topic is 3 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.