Custom Actions

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
laned101
Answers: 1

Custom Actions

Post by laned101 »

Hi, I am trying to work out how to execute custom actions from a dir that is not INSTALLDIR. Specifically, I am building an MSI with various binaries in it.

These binaries get moved to a BIN directory within the install directory (via Powershell), but I can not execute the custom actions as it doesn't know where the files are. How do I specify the MSI install directory + a sub dir? I can't select the dir via browse option as the install dir doesn't exist until the MSI is installed.

Screenshot to illustrate
Screeny.png
Screeny.png (33.4 KiB) Viewed 13251 times
This topic is 3 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.