Displaying and Interacting with Drivers

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Displaying and Interacting with Drivers

Post by jvierra »

JohnTitor wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:15 pm After some more time researching I’ve discovered MS isn’t letting us do this without devcon
Yes. DEVCON is part of the hardware development SDK in the link I posted above. Actually, devcon is a sample from the SDK that is used to demonstrate the APIs used to manage devices and drivers.

There are many third party tools that are designed to do things similar to what you ask.
apowershelluser
Answers: 2

Post by apowershelluser »

I'd much rather keep this as native as possible. I think Devcon will be perfect as long as I can some how incorporate it into my form build..
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Devcon is not part of any Windows system. It must be downloaded or copied to any system that you want to use it on.

"devcon" is a utility command. Just run it the same as you would at a prompt.
apowershelluser
Answers: 2

Post by apowershelluser »

Yup, I found it last night :D currently testing it through different means

I'm just not show how I'll be able to include it in my form when I go to build it. If it's not possible to include in the build, I'll just copy it on the form load.

Thanks for the assist.. Going down that rabbit hole was fun :D
This topic is 5 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.