new Win 10 computers and elevating explorer.exe with my administrative account

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
v35678

Re: new Win 10 computers and elevating explorer.exe with my administrative account

Post by v35678 »

Try changing the ownership. Then you should be able to.
apowershelluser
Answers: 2

Re: new Win 10 computers and elevating explorer.exe with my administrative account

Post by apowershelluser »

I did. I tried
myself ( global admin )
my group ( global admin )
local admin

to no avail

I didn't however restart the computer. It's not that big of a deal because I work in a very large corporation so a change like this would require lots of eyes, and it's not worth that hassle lol
v35678

Post by v35678 »

We allow it on IT support computers only. We have a ton of things automated to help with our Desktop 2nd Level Team.
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.