My ugly chart

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jsira2003@yahoo.com

My ugly chart

Post by jsira2003@yahoo.com »

I have a line chart with 2 lines on it. The values are high on one line and values are low on the other line. Line 1 a range of 0 -6000. Line 2 a range of .37 - 5.

I tried logarithmic scaling and I got it to work but I didn't like how the chart reads. The y-axis range isn't good even though the chart looked respectable. I tried to use ScalebreaksStyle but I could not get the line to break. I am plotting 40 points for each line.

There really isn't a break in the data. My issue is that one lines goes top to bottom of the chart. The other line is practically sitting on the X-axis. Do you have any idea using powershell commands how I may improve my charts readability?

thanks,
John
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: My ugly chart

Post by davidc »

I recommend looking at the X axis and Y axis settings. There you can specify a minimum and max value for the chart's X and Y axis, which you can modify via ChartArea->Axes in the designer:
Chart Area Axis Settings.png
Chart Area Axis Settings.png (50.94 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.