Executable Script Alert

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bhnuser

Executable Script Alert

Post by bhnuser »

Hello All,

i want to build a ps1-Script into a executable script. This word fine for me.
But when i rollout the .exe and the user execute this he got some alerts from windows defender and out antivirus (look pictures attatched).
Is there a trick to bypass it? Our Certificate is already deposited.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (21.95 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
1.png
1.png (15.05 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Executable Script Alert

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It doesn't look like the file is signed. Additionally, depending on how you get it on the other machine it might be blocked. Right click and look at the files properties.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
bhnuser

Post by bhnuser »

If I try to sign the script with powershell studio it return that the object is missing
>> Error Signing File: C:\Users\user\Documents\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio\Projects\Cert\bin\x64\bin\x64\Cert.ps1
>> Das Objekt oder die Eigenschaft wurde nicht gefunden

I opened the file out of the "Start Page" and the path is correct, too.
Alexander Riedel

While that is a bit of an odd path structure, if the file is truly there, then that is not the issue.
Are you sure you have a valid signature specified? Or in your local certificate store?
Alexander Riedel
bhnuser

Post by bhnuser »

The file exists in this strange path. The error also occurs when I open the file from another folder.
But what we already test is that we used an internal CA certification and the same error occurs (over build an .exe).
Alexander Riedel

Windows Defender says "Unknown publisher" in your screenshot. That means there is no signature or it cannot resolve the path to the root authority.
At any rate, that is not a customer service problem. I will move the topic to an appropriate location.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.