USMT Powershell script

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
riley4523

USMT Powershell script

Post by riley4523 »

Hello. I have the beginnings of a script that will be run remotely designed to input computer name, profile name, then achieve the following in a totally automated , unattended, and secure interface to migration environment. I would like the USMT to capture predetermined settings, such as: wallpaper, desktop icons, ie favorites, outlook settings, printers, customized toolbars and themed templates, map drives, etc.

I would like some guidance in order to make this a GUI Powershell script and to ensure the other variables work as well. Any suggestions or can anyone direct me? Thanks.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: USMT Powershell script

Post by jvierra »

I suggest posting in the Microsoft Deployment forum. They will be able to help you understand how to automate USMT.

For adding to a GUI refer to the articles in the Sapien "info" center for examples and tips: http://info.sapien.com/
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.