Show dropbdown of (previous) reports on html page

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
stevens
Has voted: 2 times

Show dropbdown of (previous) reports on html page

Post by stevens »

Product, version and build: latest
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: W2K12R2
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: latest

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Hi,

I have a powershell report that checks the health of some RDS servers (cpu usage, memory, services running, users logged on, health of filecluster etc).
I run this every day several times (scheduled task) and publish the html to a webserver as index.html. So the report can be viewed via http://server/remotedesktop/index.html

Now I would like to have a history of reports kept on the webserver and rename the current one to date.html. Then I'd like the webpage to have a dropbdown which lists all the previous htmls so you can select a previous report.
I can easily rename the report and read the list of previous reports in a form, but not sure howto do that in an (existing) html.

Hope this is clear, if not do let me know. Please advise howto apporach this.

Steven
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Show dropbdown of (previous) reports on html page

Post by davidc »

[TOPIC MOVED TO POWERSHELL FORUM BY MODERATOR]
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

This is not really a PowerShell question. It is a web server issue. You need to deisgn a web page that does that. It will have to be an ASP.Net page and you would build that with Visual Studio or other web designer.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Actually there is a way to do it in Powershell.

Add a combobox with a list of files to the -Pre statement. You will have to generate it and the file list each time you update 'index.htm'
stevens
Has voted: 2 times

Post by stevens »

Right, thanks.
This topic is 7 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.