Linq?

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Linq?

Post by jvierra »

Shay Levy's take on Measure-Object. http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/scriptfana ... rshell-30/
LtMandella

Post by LtMandella »

well good to know I am not out of my mind.

simply not supported in V2.

I can now go beat up on my IT dept. and ask them why V3 is the standard when it is no longer "in support"

:twisted:
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Not truly out of support but it is not recommended. MS recommends never being out by more than two versions. That gives us WMF 4 and WMF 5. The docs for V2 have disappeared from all Microsoft sites. WMF 3 docs will start to be removed soon I suspect.

You should definitely update the V2 but be sure you read the issues with Installing on older versions of Exchange and SharePoint.
LtMandella

Post by LtMandella »

got the word that workstation upgrades to win 10 are in the pipeline, so I will have to wait for that.

for the servers, it will be a challenge to get them updated. I have asked for a new dedicated powershell app server that my dept. can own and control, with nothing else to support on that server. no dbs, no web apps, no 3rd party apps, etc.

that's about the only way I'll get v4 or v5 on a server in any reasonable time frame :(
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.