Exchange 2013 Import-PSSession unapproved verbs message

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
falconcurt

Exchange 2013 Import-PSSession unapproved verbs message

Post by falconcurt »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2016, 5.2.120
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit
PowerShell Version: 4

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

My goal is to create a gui that will allow my helpdesk to create users with mailboxes. I am testing a user and keep getting a message that states.

"WARNING: The names of some imported commands from the module 'tmp_vpwondxu.iw3' include unapproved verbs that might make them less discoverable. To find the commands with unapproved verbs, run the Import-Module command again with the Verbose parameter"

I am using these three lines for my PSSsession during the formload

$cred = Import-Clixml -Path "G:\cred.clixml"
$session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://Dag1.domain.loc/Powershell/ -Authentication Kerberos -Credential $cred
Import-PSSession $session -AllowClobber

This may not interfere with the process of the user creation but it bothers me that this even comes up. the only Verb-Noun in my Click action section is the New-Mailbox cmdlet. At least that is what i believe.
Exchange 2013.PNG
Exchange 2013.PNG (245.29 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Exchange 2013 Import-PSSession unapproved verbs message

Post by jvierra »

-DisableNameChecking

Suppresses the message that warns you when you import a cmdlet or function whose name includes an unapproved verb or a prohibited character.

By default, when a module that you import exports cmdlets or functions that have unapproved verbs in their names, the Windows PowerShell displays the following warning message:

"WARNING: Some imported command names include unapproved verbs which might make them less discoverable. Use the Verbose parameter for more detail or type Get-Verb to see the list of approved verbs."

This message is only a warning. The complete module is still imported, including the non-conforming commands. Although the message is displayed to module users, the naming problem should be fixed by the module author.
falconcurt

Re: Exchange 2013 Import-PSSession unapproved verbs message

Post by falconcurt »

That will resolve the issue. Thanks
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.