Can the default be made for an admin console?

Support forums for users of iPowerShell. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
This topic is 9 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
lkraft.mcld

Post by lkraft.mcld »

I was wondering if the default can be an admin console or is there an easy way to accomplish this? I would prefer not to have to enter creds for every command.
Johnny Reel
MCLD Systems Administrator
SAPIEN Support Forums

Post by SAPIEN Support Forums »

This is an automated post. A real person will respond soon.

Thank you for posting, jreel.mcld.

Did you remember to include the following?
  • 1. Product and version (This information can be found in the Product About Screen.)
    2. Specify your iOS version.
    3. Attach a screenshot if your issue can be seen on the screen
If not, please take a moment to edit your original post or reply to this one.
lkraft.mcld

Re: Can the default be made for an admin console?

Post by lkraft.mcld »

Edit: Oops, I forgot the version number.

v4.0.121 running on iOS 8.1.3
Thanks
Johnny Reel
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Since this is a PowerShell Web Access window, the security and access is handled on the server side. You can look at Technet and see if you can setup your remote login to give you that access. There really is nothing that can be done on the iPowerShell Pro side.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn282394.aspx
F.G. Rios
lkraft.mcld

Post by lkraft.mcld »

Thank you, that thought had never occurred to me. I have only had this product a couple of weeks, but I am truly happy with it. I'll look into that and I can't imagine it being too tough to implement.

After looking into this a bit more, I really don't want to open my environment up to risks just to not have to enter credentials for every task. I think the best method is going to be to simply cache in the session a credential variable that I can call. This will solve most of the problems and setup CredSSP for any others. I appreciate the response since it made me think this through a bit deeper.
Johnny Reel
This topic is 9 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.