Well done with v4.0.121

Support forums for users of iPowerShell. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
This topic is 10 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Well done with v4.0.121

Post by peter_mclean@dodo.com.au »

Congratulations on v4.0.121. Thanks heaps for listening to my suggestions and responding re: Cmdlets and Providers display module name below cmdlet and Search bars are now locked to top of lists. Is there a zoom capability for those oldies of us who find it hard to read small fonts? I can not seem to find any way to zoom in on text. Another suggestion is that the name of the module that needs to be imported be shown rather than just the dll, eg for get-bits transfer, show module to import: bitstransfer. Do this rather than just show microsoft.backgroundintelligenttransfer.management.dll as it does not tell us the exact module name that needs to be imported in order to use the get- bitstransfer cmdlet.
:)
Ferdinand Rios

Re: Well done with v4.0.121

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Thank you for the gracious words. We do our best to listen to our user's needs and delivering on those requests.

It was one of our goals with this release to work better with new system features.
iOS 7 comes with a system font sizing setting (actually 2) that iPowerShell 4 responds to. In the settings app, go to GENERAL -> Text Size and you can adjust the system text size up or down. iPowerShell will adjust all of its screen to handle the new font size.

Also, you can go to GENERAL -> Accessibility and use the ZOOM and/or LARGER TYPE features.

Hope that helps.
F.G. Rios
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Hi again Ferdinand. I tried the general zoom and general font features of the IPad, but that doesn't really work for me. This is because this feature affects the whole usability of the iPad, ie can't fit all tiles on screen, can't access various parts of
iPad screen, all apps are affected. I would prefer to see a dedicated text reader used by iPowershell Pro, that is similar in functionality to the GoodReader app text reader. This reader could then provide the same features, including font size adjustability that only affects the reading of iPowershell Pro text files. What do you think? Is this a possibility? A perfect solution would be to convert all information to PDF and use a fully featured PDF reader plug-in. That way you could also embed graphics where appropriate. Or am I just dreaming?
:)
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

We will look into that possibility, no promises, though!

Happy Holidays!
F.G. Rios
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Thanks mate. I do very much appreciate that you are listening and that you are responsive to new ideas and suggestions. Merry Christmas and Happy new year from Aussie. I'll catch you in 2014 if I've got any more value that I think I can add.
This topic is 10 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.