How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Support forums for users of iPowerShell. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
This topic is 10 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
TypeDaniel

How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Post by TypeDaniel »

Hello guys,

I'm struggling to get my iPowershell Pro to connect to the Office 365 Powershell web , is this even possible

I can connect via my Windows machine with the following commands

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows PowerShell > Windows PowerShell.
Run the following command:
$LiveCred = Get-Credential
In the Windows PowerShell Credential Request window that opens, type the credentials of an account in your cloud-based organisation. When you have finished, click OK.
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Note The AllowRedirection parameter enables cloud-based organisations in datacentres all over the world to connect Windows PowerShell to the cloud-based service by using the same URL.
Import-PSSession $Session
A progress indicator appears that shows the importing of commands used in the cloud-based service into the client-side session of your local computer. When this process is complete, you can run these commands.

But how do I connect with iPowershell pro
TypeDaniel

Re: How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Post by TypeDaniel »

Anyone?
Ferdinand Rios

Re: How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Are you trying to connect via a PSWA (PowerShell Web Access) session? or Instead of a PSWA session? iPowerShell Pro currently ONLY connects to remote machines that are running PSWA. I have no idea if PSWA allows for the type of connection to Office 365 that you are describing. Have you tried connecting to a PSWA server from a desktop computer and then trying to connect to Office 365 through that session? All we really do is present the PSWA console inside a web browser instance, just as if you were connecting from a desktop web browser.
F.G. Rios
This topic is 10 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.