Support Forums

How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Support forums for users of iPowerShell Pro
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
TypeDaniel

How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Postby TypeDaniel » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Hello guys,

I'm struggling to get my iPowershell Pro to connect to the Office 365 Powershell web , is this even possible

I can connect via my Windows machine with the following commands

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows PowerShell > Windows PowerShell.
Run the following command:
$LiveCred = Get-Credential
In the Windows PowerShell Credential Request window that opens, type the credentials of an account in your cloud-based organisation. When you have finished, click OK.
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Note The AllowRedirection parameter enables cloud-based organisations in datacentres all over the world to connect Windows PowerShell to the cloud-based service by using the same URL.
Import-PSSession $Session
A progress indicator appears that shows the importing of commands used in the cloud-based service into the client-side session of your local computer. When this process is complete, you can run these commands.

But how do I connect with iPowershell pro
TypeDaniel

Re: How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Postby TypeDaniel » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Anyone?
Ferdinand Rios

Re: How do I connect to the Office 365 Web based Power Shell

Postby Ferdinand Rios » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:24 am

Are you trying to connect via a PSWA (PowerShell Web Access) session? or Instead of a PSWA session? iPowerShell Pro currently ONLY connects to remote machines that are running PSWA. I have no idea if PSWA allows for the type of connection to Office 365 that you are describing. Have you tried connecting to a PSWA server from a desktop computer and then trying to connect to Office 365 through that session? All we really do is present the PSWA console inside a web browser instance, just as if you were connecting from a desktop web browser.
F.G. Rios

Return to “iPowerShell Pro”