Support Forums

iPowerShell and PowerShell Help Community Edition

Support forums for users of iPowerShell Pro
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
arcanecode

Postby arcanecode » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi,
I just bought the iPowerShell, looks to be a neat handy app. I love the fact that it's extensible by writing our own properly formatted XML files, which brings me to my question.
Is the file format used by iPowerShell the same as what the PowerShell Help Community Edition uses? In other words, if I write an XML file with the help I need, could I use it in both apps?
Thanks,
Robert Cain / ArcaneCode
Alexander Riedel

Postby Alexander Riedel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:25 am

The XML format is a standard PowerShell help file format and supported by both applications, yes. Please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb525433(v=VS.85).aspx for the exact format specifications. Please note that the XML sample on this page has some typos in it.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
arcanecode

Postby arcanecode » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:30 am

Awesome, thanks for the quick response Alexander.

I just blogged about iPowerShell at http://arcanecode.com/2012/04/04/ipowershell/, please let me know if you see any inaccuracies.

Thanks,

Robert
Ferdinand Rios

Postby Ferdinand Rios » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:29 am

Thank you for he nice blog article. I will put your suggestions on our potential feature list.
F.G. Rios

Return to “iPowerShell Pro”