Cannot manage files from PrimalScript

Archived Product support for ChangeVue users
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Russ Pitcher

Post by Russ Pitcher »

Windows 7 x64 4GB RAM (non-admin account, no admin privileges)
PrimalScript 6.5.126
ChangeVue 2.1.47

I can no longer manage source control files from PrimalScript. If I edit a file in Primalscript by selecting Edit File from ChangeVue the file does not appear as checked out in PrimalScript. If I open the file in PrimalScript and click Check Out then nothing happens. I've checked the primlascript.scc file and it exists and the contents look correct.

I can select Edit file from ChangeVue, edit the file (that's not marked as checked out in PS) and save it and then check it in from ChangeVue, but I should be able to do all this from PrimalScript.

I've checked everything I can and I'm now stumped! Any ideas?

Thanks,
Russ
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Is this something that worked before and stopped working or have you not been able to set this up?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Russ Pitcher

Post by Russ Pitcher »

It's been working fine for a while, apart from the odd hiccup. I installed the latest release this morning one I noticed the issue. I don't think I've used it in anger since I installed the previous release if that helps.

The other thing that may have an impact is that I no longer have admin access to my laptop. Initially I was given admin rights until I had the laptop set up as I liked it, and I had also been given rights for a short period to install updates. Just recently thought I've had to launch the installer and wait for an internal IT admin to come and enter his credentials to complete the installation and I just wondered if installing the update under his credentials might affect anything. I did note this morning that the ChangeVue 'edit in' association with PrimalScript was broken and I had to set it up again.

Russ
Alexander Riedel

That could be. I'll try to set up a VM with that scenario and see what I can find out.
Alexander Riedel
Russ Pitcher

Post by Russ Pitcher »

Any news on this one? I installed a recent update having wangled admin rights on my account for an hour. Unfortunately this didn't make any difference to the problem. I still can't manage ChangeVue source control from PrimalScript at all.
Alexander Riedel

I have not been able to replicate any of this. Are you sure ChangeVue is selected as source control provider in PrimalScript?
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 11 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.