Password for default repository

Archived Product support for ChangeVue users
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
GU-Brett

Post by GU-Brett »

I just installed ChangeVue 2012 v2.1.44 on Windows 7. I cannot login to the Default Repository. The Reason given is "Password does not match the stored password." I am the only user on the system, and this is the first time the program has been either installed or run, so I never typed in a password for the system to store it. Although I am logged into my system with domain credentials, ChangeVue has my username as MACHINENAME.username
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A new default repository is usually not password protected. Can you please verify that you did NOT enter any passord? The username is built from the machine name, to make it easier to identify where you have filed checked out to if you use multiple computers. You can change the default username at Repository -> Settings -> General. While you are there, click on "Manage users" and tell me where the repository path points to please.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
GU-Brett

Post by GU-Brett »

To confirm: I did NOT enter a password.

"Manage Users" has no value for "Current Repository" and all other text fields and button are either empty or grayed out.

Regedit shows "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSAPIEN Technologies, Inc.ChangeVue2012DirectoriesRepositoriesRepository1" as "C:ProgramDataSAPIENChangeVue 2011Repositories" (Note: I have never installed ChangeVue 2011 on this system.
Alexander Riedel

Ok, are there any files or folders at that location?
Alexander Riedel
GU-Brett

Post by GU-Brett »

There is one folder __ChangeViewFiles__ containing
UDATA (folder, with admin and MACHINENAME.username files), ArchiveData (file), ChangeViewServer.ini (file), and Users.dat (file)
Alexander Riedel

Let me see if I can replicate this somehow and come up with a remedy.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Please download and install service build 2.1.45 and let me know if this remedies this problem.
Alexander Riedel
GU-Brett

Post by GU-Brett »

Yes! That's taken care of it. Thanks.
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.