ChangeVue Move File Failed

Archived Product support for ChangeVue users
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
JohnMCouch

Post by JohnMCouch »

Trying to move a file to another project and it says it can't possibly because of locked files. How do you correct this? The file is not opened anywhere, I just added it. It is the only thing open on my system.
JohnMCouch

Post by JohnMCouch »

When asking for technical support, please initially always include the following information:

- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- ChangeVue 2012
- The Move File Failed. Possibly due to locked resources.
- I tried both a local repository and a network share repository. the share is on a 2008 R2 Enterprise Server.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I will see what I can find out. Thanks for adding more detail.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
JohnMCouch

Post by JohnMCouch »

- Error: Unable to check out [DBA Repository]DocumentationStandardsSQL ServerBase Setup (2008)SQL Server Setup and Configuration (Standards (Mount Points)).docx
Reason: File not found in Repository : ChangevueDocumentationStandardsSQL ServerBase Setup (2008)SQL Server Setup and Configuration (Standards (Mount Points)).docx.archiv
Result: File version Info was not retrieve

The above occurs when simply trying to checkout a file. I also cannot move a file from 1 folder to another using a simple "Move File" within the product. When trying to checkout, I am prompted with a messagebox stating the local file is newer than the one int he repository, do I want to overwrite? to which I said no, and then it fails with the Error above. Even if I say to overwrite it fails with the Error above. The ChangeVue repository is on a network share on a server on which I have local admin rights tot he server and the share.JohnMCouch2012-05-21 09:47:01
JohnMCouch

Post by JohnMCouch »

I downloaded the latest version and am still having the same issues. They seem to be getting worse as I can no longer delete from the repository now either.
Alexander Riedel

Have you placed the repository in the same folder as the actual source files you want to put under source control?
Alexander Riedel
JohnMCouch

Post by JohnMCouch »

I am not sure I understand. I created a repository on the network share, created a project structure in the repository that mimics the folder structure locally where the files were originally stored, added the files to the repository using "Add File(s)", then tried to check out, move or delete the file from within ChangeVue, and I get the errors or failures.
Alexander Riedel

Can you please specify the exact folder for the repository and the exact folder where the source files reside? If you look at the ChangeVue Explorer and select a project node, you should see the "Local folder" on top.Please specify that folder.
Alexander Riedel
JohnMCouch

Post by JohnMCouch »

Repository Path : HQIOSQL111Changevue
Local Folder: E:ChangeVue
JohnMCouch

Post by JohnMCouch »

Interesting the Date of the file in changevue is 12-31-1969 05:00:00 PM, but the actual date on the file in windows is 5-14-2012 3:23 PM. Seems to me like something inside changevue is miscalculating dates as well.JohnMCouch2012-05-21 12:14:21
This topic is 11 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.