Support Forums

Large XML File will not Format

Product support for PrimalXML users
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
davidc

Postby davidc » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Another alternative is to preprocess the file by removing all CR/LF characters. You may encounter some text formatting issues with this method, if you have multiline text within tags.

David

David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sblaylock

Postby sblaylock » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:06 am

David/Alexander

Most of our XML contains technical details so there wouldn't be a problem with multiline text. If I drop it into Notepad and turn off word wrap I can see the cr/lfs and remove them. What's interesting is where they show in notepad they don't show in the raw log file I cut the xml from. Very odd.

Like I said before, we don't get too many with that amount of xml, so the auto format should rarely fail.

Thank you both for your feedback. I always appreciate the speed at which you respond to issues and requests.

Scott.

Return to “PrimalXML”