PrimalXML setup at every startup

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
criswebo

Post by criswebo »

Hi,I'm not sure exactly what occurred to cause this, but every time I start my computer the PrimalXML 2009 Setup wizard will begin. I can either cancel out of it or complete the installation but the setup restarts the next time I start my computer. I have used the modify, Repair, and even the Remove option of the setup but none of them have prevented the setup from starting when I start my computer.1. What exact version and build number of PrimalXML you have - version 1.014
2. What operating system you are running - XP sp3
3. What specific language this concerns, if applicable. English
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Hello,

We are looking into the issue and we will need the following information:

1. Did you install PrimalXML using the standalone installer or using the PrimalStudio installer?

2. Is your user account limited or an administrator?

3. Have you tried to do an uninstall via the Control Panel, reboot, then reinstall?

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
criswebo

Post by criswebo »

The original install was with the Studio installer. I have full admin capabilities on my PC.

I will uninstall through control panel, reboot and reinstall and inform of the results.

Thanks,

Bob
davidc

Post by davidc »

If you can, please try the stand alone installer and see if it makes a difference.

David
David
criswebo

Post by criswebo »

I uninstalled Primal XML from the add/remove control panel. Before I did I noticed that all of the other parts of Primal Studio (PrimalScript, PrimalSQL, etc.) had their regular icons in the add/remove panel but Primal XML had the generic icon next to it. Just a bit of information in case it helps with anything.So anyway, I uninstalled PrimalXML from the control panel and rebooted and still got the PrimalXML setup wizard after I logged in. I'll try using the stand alone installer now and see what happens.Bob
criswebo

Post by criswebo »

I reinstalled PrimalXML using the stand alone installer. After installing I opened PrimalXML to make sure everything was ok and it was. Then I rebooted and still got the PrimalXML setup wizard.I used the Autorun Manager inside of Revo Uninstaller Pro to see if something related to PrimalXML or Sapien was set to autorun at startup but couldn't find anything.Bob
davidc

Post by davidc »

It seems to me that there is a corrupted registry entry for Windows Installer. Microsoft use to offer cleanup utility aptly named: "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility", but you can no longer download the utility do to some issues.

We will do some more research and get back to you.
David
criswebo

Post by criswebo »

Thanks David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Hello Bob,

Can you check the following?

- In Task Scheduler, select Advanced->View hidden tasks. Is there any task pertaining to the installer?
- Also check SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun either under Current User key or the Local Machine Key.

David
David
criswebo

Post by criswebo »

In Task Scheduler there is a task named {96DF46D1-BC08-452F-B872-F15A601F0D9E} that's scheduled to run at user logon. When I check the properties of this task it points to :

E:RegisteredSoftwareSapienindividualUpdatesPrimalXML2009.exe /i "D:Documents and Settings208030857Application DataSAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalXML 2009installPrimalXML2009.msi"AI_RESUME=1 ALLUSERS="1" PRIMARYFOLDER="APPDIR" ROOTDRIVE="F:" AI_PREREQFILES="D:Documents and Settings208030857Application DataSAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalXML 2009installvcredist_x86.exe" AI_PREREQDIRS="D:Documents and Settings208030857Application DataSAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalXML 2009install" OLDPRODUCTS="{64711ABC-8227-4491-B191-60009BBC86D4}" AI_SETUPEXEPATH="E:RegisteredSoftwareSapienindividualUpdatesPrimalXML2009.exe" SETUPEXEDIR="E:RegisteredSoftwareSapienindividualUpdates" TARGETDIR="F:" APPDIR="C:Program FilesSAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalXML 2009" COMPANYNAME="Bob Criswell" USERNAME="Bob Criswell" _6593EB882B7644CDB478627A01596212="C:Program FilesCommon FilesSAPIEN Common" _68808C45D0594B6392329B95001ABC50="D:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsSAPIEN Technologies, Inc" _589A9DA42F8E4C618BD6BC3B8807515F="C:Program FilesCommon FilesSAPIEN CommonApplications"

I've disabled this task now.

There was nothing pertaining to Sapien or PrimalXML inside either of those Registry areas so I think the hidden Scheduled task is the ticket. Now that I've disabled the task I'll reboot and see if it starts without the setup wizard starting too. I'll post back with the results.

Bob
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.