Empty Object Browser

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
froehlis

Empty Object Browser

Post by froehlis »

I recently purchased primalSQL 2012 and have an issue with the object browser. It loads the default dbo schema, and only partially, but that's it. It doesn't look like it is still loading in the background or anything like that. I've tried adding small systems to ensure the size of the system wasn't the cause. I've also unchecked the 'load fields' option as recommended in http://www.sapien.com/forums/viewtopic. ... a6c#p32919 to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm hoping this is fixed in the 2014 version of the product, but if I could use it before then, that would be ideal.

Steve
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Empty Object Browser

Post by davidc »

Please answer the following questions:

1. What version of PrimalSQL do you have installed?
2. What OS?
3. What type of database and connection are you using?
4. Is this a particularly large database?

FYI, PrimalSQL 2014, should be more efficient at loading the Object Browsers, since it will do on demand loading instead of building the tree all at once.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
froehlis

Post by froehlis »

David ~

1. What version of PrimalSQL do you have installed?
I just installed 3.0.13

2. What OS?
Windows 7 Enterprise x64

3. What type of database and connection are you using?
Several, all MSSQL

4. Is this a particularly large database?
I've tried both a large database, our warehouse, and a much smaller database that we use for testing with the same results in both.

Thanks for your help!

~ Steve
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Are you still able to query the database using PrimalSQL despite the Database Browser?

What happens when you open the QueryBuilder? Is metadata displayed?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
froehlis

Post by froehlis »

I can write and execute a query through primalSQL as long as I know the schema etc. there is only a very small amount of metadata shown, and only dbo schema.

Steve
This topic is 10 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.