An unsupported operation was attempted

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sreimert

Post by sreimert »

Hello,I found out what is causing the unsupported operation that was the root cause of the splash screen staying up forever -- it's the Query Document!When I dismiss the error dialog and the program starts, the query document pane is empty. When I close the pane and attempt to get a new one via the icon in the upper-left corner (New->Query Document) I get the "An unsupported operation was attempted" error again.So at this point, the program is unusable again because I cannot use the graphical query capability. Any assistance would be welcome.BTW This issue is new to my installation -- 1.0.6 was my previous version and this wasn't an issue. I can remove/reinstall if that would help troubleshooting.--Scott
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Go to Start Menu->Run and paste in the following command and press enter:
regsvr32 "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSAPIEN CommonActiveQueryBuilderXControls.ocx"

You should get a popup with a succeeded message. Then start up PrimalSQL and let me know if the error persists.

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
sreimert

Post by sreimert »

Hello David,When I executed the command you gave, it failed. Further checking showed the file was missing altogether. I removed/reinstalled and it's working again.You're doing an excellent job in supporting these products -- thank you!
This topic is 14 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.